c++ - just getting started

reply "Antwan Williams" <antwan799 attbi.com> writes:
Here is the code I wrote:
/* first.c: A First Program */

#include <stdio.h>

 int main() {
  puts("** Welcome to Thinking in C **");
  puts("(You'll be glad you came!)");
  return 0;
 }

I went to compile this code using the digital mars c compiler by typing this
command in the dos command prompt:
\dm\bin\dmc first

And the error I got was:
Fatal error: unable to open input file 'first'
-------errorlevel 1

Can anyone help me out please????
Jan 27 2003
parent reply Christof Meerwald <cmeerw web.de> writes:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:58:21 -0600, Antwan Williams wrote:
 Here is the code I wrote:
 /* first.c: A First Program */
[...]
 I went to compile this code using the digital mars c compiler by typing this
 command in the dos command prompt:
 \dm\bin\dmc first
try: \dm\bin\dmc first.c bye, Christof -- http://cmeerw.org JID: cmeerw jabber.at mailto cmeerw at web.de ...and what have you contributed to the Net?
Jan 28 2003
parent "Antwan Williams" <antwan799 attbi.com> writes:
Thanks Chris, but I figured it out.  My Path wasn't set properly.

news:b15iqa$919$1 digitaldaemon.com...