c++ - member template class bug

reply Christof Meerwald <cmeerw web.de> writes:
This one looks like a bug to me:

template<class T>
struct A
{
 public:
  template<class U>
  struct B
  {
   public:
    void f()
    { }

    void g();
  };
};

template<class T>
template<class U>
void A<T>::B<U>::g()
{ }
// Error: 'B' is not a class template

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  A<int>::B<char> a;

  a.f();
  a.g();

  return 0;
}

bye, Christof

--
http://cmeerw.org                                 JID: cmeerw jabber.at
mailto cmeerw at web.de
Oct 09 2002
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> writes:
Christof

This is a bug, but to be fair to DMC, very few compilers allow the
out-of-class definition of functions of nested template classes. Because of
this, there are very few code bases that will be looking for such support
from compilers, so I guess its legitimate for Walter to not have dealt with
this one yet.

On the other hand, we know how he likes to provide things before other
vendors can ...

Matthew

news:ao163s$1hei$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 mailto cmeerw at web.de
Oct 09 2002
Fixed & posted.

"Christof Meerwald" <cmeerw web.de> wrote in message
news:ao163s$1hei$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 This one looks like a bug to me:
Oct 11 2002
parent Sergey Gutnikov <Sergey_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <ao63lr$m3o$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
Fixed & posted.

"Christof Meerwald" <cmeerw web.de> wrote in message
news:ao163s$1hei$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 This one looks like a bug to me:
Please include a .DLL version of compiler in beta.zip for those who need it directly from IDDE. Sergey Gutnikov sgutnikov by.byelex.com http://www.multimedia.byelex.com/
Nov 11 2002