c++ - writing compiler

reply "Bill Stanton" <bstanton NOSSPAM.com> writes:
Hi

I'm about to write a compiler for a Basic subset. I was wondering if it was
possible to write it completely in C (including the parsing).
Aug 21 2002
parent reply Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> writes:
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:13:47 -0700 "Bill Stanton" <bstanton NOSSPAM.com> wrote:

 Hi

 I'm about to write a compiler for a Basic subset. I was wondering if it was
 possible to write it completely in C (including the parsing).
Yes, it is.
Aug 21 2002
parent "KarL" <someone somewhere.org> writes:
Pavel Minayev <evilone omen.ru> wrote in message
news:CFN374904410105093 news.digitalmars.com...
 On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:13:47 -0700 "Bill Stanton" <bstanton NOSSPAM.com>
 I'm about to write a compiler for a Basic subset. I was wondering if it
was
 possible to write it completely in C (including the parsing).
Yes, it is.
Read the old book "prorgamming in the unix environment" by Kernighan and Pike. Good example of using Yacc, Lex. Then buy the Lex and Yacc book. This one has even example on MySql parser.
Aug 27 2002