c++ - unable to compile?

reply "Mike" <m567 iowatelecom.net> writes:
I ordered the DigitalMarsC/C++ CD.  I installed it as per the instructions
using xcopy, and appended my path statement with ";c\dm\bin;" and tried it
both with and without the trailing semicolon.  I am using Windows2000Pro.  I
appended the path statement by right-clicking MyComputer, Properties,
Advanced, Environment Variables, Path, Edit, and put ";c\dm\bin;" at the end
of the path statement, without the quotation marks of course.  And
restarted, my computer after each attempt to rectify my path statement.  The
program editor and menues run under Windows.  But it will not compile under
Windows or from the command line.  Under Windows, with a saved source code
file in the open edtor window, the "compile" button does nothing.  I have
run out of things to try.  Does anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks, Mike Placentra.
Jul 09 2002
"Mike" <m567 iowatelecom.net> wrote in message
news:agg81m$1l0p$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I ordered the DigitalMarsC/C++ CD.  I installed it as per the instructions
 using xcopy, and appended my path statement with ";c\dm\bin;" and tried it
 both with and without the trailing semicolon.
Need a : after the drive letter, c:\dm\bin
Jul 10 2002