c++ - Invalid namespace??

reply Steve <Steve_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

While implementing the wrapper for someone else's class, I encountered the
following error.

Error 'test' is not a member of namespace K.

The sample code below will generate the above error message on version 8.28.  It
seems to me that if K cannot use the same type name as the one defined in N.
The code will compile if I change the line typedef N::test test to typedef
N::test foo.  However, this will cause the explosion of names.
namespace N
{
struct test {};
}

namespace K
{
typedef N::test test;
}

int main()
{
K::test a;

return 0;
"Steve" <Steve_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:aejrqj$118q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 While implementing the wrapper for someone else's class, I encountered the
 following error.

 Error 'test' is not a member of namespace K.
DMC++ has some bugs with namespaces, I intend to fix them all in a future update. I have saved your bug report away to be sure that will work. Thanks! -Walter
Jun 18 2002