c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Building libcurl with DMC

↑ ↓ ← "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Hey all,

First time to post, Im trying to build libcurl and im feeling stupid, I
can't seem to get it to work :/.  It compiles fine, and it looks like the
lib.exe is run correctly, it exports the library as expected,  but when I
try to link to a test file I get the errors listed beow.  Attached is the
source and the Makefile im using.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here ?? It
seems to all be in easy.c (easy.obj)  -- but all those symbols should be
defined!

Source is to big, you can find it at www.atari-soldiers.com/dmc_build.zip

P.S.  I created the winmm.lib and ws2_32.lib and wsock32.lib with implib.exe

Thanks for any help,
Charles

C:\curl-7.10.5\lib>dmc -I../include test.c libcurl.lib ws2_32.lib winmm.lib
link test,,,libcurl+ws2_32+winmm+user32+kernel32/noi;
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 7.50B1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989 - 2001  All Rights Reserved

libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_cookie_init
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_close
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_perform
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_freednsinfo
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_global_host_cache_get
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_setopt
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_open
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_SSL_cleanup
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_global_host_cache_dtor
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _Curl_SSL_init
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _WSACleanup 0
libcurl.lib(easy)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _WSAStartup 8

--- errorlevel 12
Aug 09 2003
The first thing I'd do is generate a .lst file from your library and see if
the symbols are really in there or not.

news:bh3rc3$qp$1 digitaldaemon.com...

Lots of cool tools I look forward to the CD. It took me an embarrisgly long time to realize the if a header file followed a implementation file in the build list that the object file got written over by the compiled header file, I took out all the header files and it builds fine. Quick question, why if the compiler fails on a build is the executable still created ? Thanks, Charles "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> wrote in message news:bh45nt$akg$1 digitaldaemon.com...